October 9, 2015
Curl Up, Chill Out
The clocks have gone back – that means darker days, chillier nights and an official excuse to hibernate! Who’s ready to cosy up on the sofa with a hot apple cider or a latte, and add a great movie to that ‘oh so precious’ me-time? I know I am!
In the chat rooms last weekend, you guys seemed like a big bunch of romantics like me, so I thought why not gather up my favourite films titles and share them for all to enjoy? So without further ado, grab a warm blanket, get comfortable, and treat yourself to one of my top movies below, specially selected for film fans here at Bingo Extra. Let the show begin…
1. Stepmom – a tear-jerking movie that will stir up your emotions with Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon. A few drop of tears rolled down my cheeks while watching this movie but that’s a secret between me and you, shhh!
2. Rushmore – the 1998 back to school movie that entails the story of two friends who fell in love with the same gorgeous teacher! Ooh, teenage love - so many sweet memories and crushes!
3. Planes, Trains and Automobile – a comedy movie that revolves around the misadventures of Steve Martin and John Candy. This movie always reminds me of a crazy mate I had (we all know one!)
4. When Harry Met Sally – Ah! The romantic comedy movie with Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal. The best line in that movie “When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible”! Is that your favourite line in this movie too?
5. You’ve Got Mail – this movie is just ace! Who would believe that love could travel the wires?! Watch Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks love story being born through AOL email.
6. Halloween – it can’t always be flowers and doves, right fellas? Hold onto your teddy bears as Michael Myers, the spooky masked guy with his knife in hand has come in town! Has he come for the teenagers or for you? Let’s find out!
Don’t forget, die-hard film fans can get their fix of American Movie culture at the Bingo Extra Drive In room. It’s shows the latest blockbusters like the 90 Ball Progressive & Lucky Number Progressive and is open daily from 10pm – 8am for late night wins.
I hope you enjoyed this movie list and if you have more suggestions to add, please comment on the Bingo Extra Facebook page so we can all enjoy them! Happy watching!