June 17, 2016
The Great British Summer is now well and truly underway and what better way to enjoy it than with a good old fashioned picnic!? The chequered red and white blanket, cool lemonade (or wine J), great people, good food and - when we are lucky - a warm summer breeze to make you close your eyes and breathe deeply… ahhhh…
Whether in the local park, out in the countryside, or just in your garden or on little balcony, picnics are the perfect mini-break from the hectic pace of life. So, here are 12 tricks to create the perfect picnic this week:
- Keep it simple – you don’t have to be super-prepared to have a quick picnic. Less can be more, and leaves extra time for fun!
- Have a ‘bring and share’ set-up. Eating delicious snack is always better when someone else has helped make them so don’t be afraid to share the load.
- Stop your straw escaping – spin your straw around the ring-pull on your can, trust me, there’s no better straw holder!
- Keep your food with frozen bottled water – the once it is defrosted, drink the water to keep yourself cool too
- Only prep your food just before leaving home – no one wants to bite into a soggy sandwich!
- Keep the mess to a minimum - avoid the sticky situation with your ice-pops by inserting a cupcake case at the bottom of the stick. Isn’t that clever?
- The Tic-Tac trick – fill empty tic-tac boxes with various seasonings for easy portability.
- Sweet melody - amp up your picnic playlist by popping your phone in a glass! This will create the perfect portable speaker. Make sure the glass is empty first though! ;)
- Keep your apples fresh – use a rubber band to hold a whole sliced apple together. This will prevent the apple from drying out or yellowing en route, ingenious!
- Mason jars – embrace a retro theme by using mason jars instead of those Tupperware to keep your food fresh.
- Avoid a soggy bottom! Lay a shower curtain or just a plain plastic sheet under your picnic blanket.
- Play at Bingo Extra – don’t forget to bring along your mobile or tablet with you to play your favourite games while soaking up the sun.
Hope this helps! Share your own tips on the Bingo Extra Facebook page now, and show us your stress-free picnic-ing photos too. Have a great weekend!